Saturday, August 11, 2012

CRAW... an interesting stitch!

Greetings my beady friends! Has anyone melted in the summer heat yet? I thought we'd talk a little about cubic right angle weave today. It's an addicting stitch and quickly becoming one of my favorites. A while back I  created a brick stitch pendant with a CRAW rope to sell in my Etsy store and one of my customers saw it and requested me to make them a tutorial for the rope. Writing the text was a snap... however, not so much with the illustrations and graphics. :( Anyone that has worked with a graphics program and tried to create three dimensional illustrations can totally relate to what I am saying. Not an easy feat by any means. Anyhoooos...the thing I love about CRAW is that it can be used to create varying shapes and by changing up bead sizes and types you can really come up with some interesting combinations. Don't even get me started talking about the many different ways that one could embellish a rope.  CRAW is definitely a  stitch staple to know when it comes to bead architecture. If you haven't experimented with it yet, you definitely should put it on your to do list! Below is a photo of my CRAW rope tutorial.

If you are interested in the tutorial for the CRAW rope, the purchase price is $10.00 and you may purchase by clicking on the "Pay Now" button in this post. Thank you!



Until next time..... Bead True to Yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment